Friday, May 23, 2008

Words I Think Are Totally Cool

Hey guys.
To increase my dorkiness factor (as if it couldn't be increased any more...)
I thought I'd provide a list of words that I think are really cool.
As writers, we need to, and should, have a love for the language in which we write---or just an appreciation for languages in general.

These are some words that I really think are neat. I love the way they sound, and I love the way they feel on your lips when you say them. These are my top ten:

kiosk
facetious
pathetic
thousand

reminisce

epitome

kayak
quaint
queue
phosphorescence

You'll notice, for whatever reason, I seem to like the hard "k" and the "qu" sounds. Also a lot of the "f" sound. Go figure...
Next week---words I dont' like.

Got any of your favs? Post them! I'd love to take a survey of some of my writer buddies favorite words.

1 comment:

Carole Mehle said...

How about pulchritudinous? That's a good word.