Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Crud Virus Vs. NANO--who wins?


Yep, I'm still here and kicking and trying to get my National Novel Writing Month story off to a decent start, though that nasty cold virus and a raging ear infection have put me out of commission for a while, and thus behind.

It's really easy to think "Oh sure, I'll take a day off to recover, and that will also give me the opportunity to do some writing." Riiiiiiight. I was on cough medicine that kind of put me in la-la-land but at the same time, made me hyper. 2 a.m. in the morning and I'm like a squirrel on speed....

...bottom line, I'm hoping to boost up my word count---right now I'm only at 3,500 and I'm not too please with what I've written, but as I've said, this is an exercise is just having fun at wild literary abandon, so I'm trying to take my own advice and just chill out for a while.

And on a totally non-related matter, here is a picture of my backyard....I thought it was cool...

No comments: