Monday, February 8, 2010

What is The Year of Writing Dangerously?

It's time.

Time to, as Barbara Kingslover so eloquently states, step out into the glorious debris. I have personally cut back on my "over-involvement" to let my writing move closer to the top of my priority list. With Kindle, Nook, and all the other options that are soon becoming available [has 'self-publishing come back en vogue? Discuss.'] it's time to be more proactive.
It's time to write dangerously.
With reckless abandon.
To remind ourselves of why we did this to begin with....

What I promise:
-Regular updates [I promise]
-FREE reads of stuff I've written [whether good or bad]
- Updates on what I'm calling my personal Kindle experiment...
- Word antics [not sure what that entails? You'll see]

What I want from you?
- Follow my blog and get weekly 'Muse Butt-kickings" --- comments from my snarky Muse who has agreed to let me place her 'on loan' to give you doses of inspiration...
--TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROJECTS! Let's make this the year of writing dangerously. Encourage each other.
-- I'm also looking for guest bloggers. Tell me about why you love writing. What are you going to do to write dangerously this year....

2 comments:

billie said...

Great look for the blog - can't wait to read more!

Dawn said...

Thanks Billie---I'm hoping to increase the blog buzz.
your blog stuff looks great, btw....