Friday, April 11, 2008

FREE How to get Published Seminar

I'll be giving a FREE seminar on how to get published at the Cooley Library in Nashville, NC on April 17 at 6:30 p.m.

Yep, I'll also be signing copies of my books there. I'll try to post some video or at least some photos if possible.

Since I work with a smaller publisher and they have contracted with LuLu to publish books the length of mine, my novel is not listed on Baker and Taylor or Ingrams or other major distributors, which can make it difficult to try to get it into mainstream bookstores (although from what I understand, it's hard to get anything other than something from a major publisher into them. Am I wrong? Comment and tell me.

So to try to get my foot in the door, I'm taking this dog and pony show on the road. Even if the "show" doesn't net any sales, I get to leave my card and hopefully get some free publicity. And then there's the whole thing about giving back to the community libraries.

More to come....

WHAT will be the FREE WRITER RESOURCE O'THE WEEK....we'll see.... posting comes on Sunday or Monday. Probably Sunday...

No comments: